This regimen will be to help reduce shedding and breakage, impart shine and moisture and prep for braids which I will probably do in a month or so. Im nearly 7 months pregnant and closer to my due date (12/29) I want my hair to be in better shape since I will most likely not feel like messing with my hair after my newest addition is here.
I’m also experimenting with a new product I found at my local Dollar Tree called Lusti Organics. I picked up 2 bottles of their Olive Oil sheen spray, a bottle of their Argan Oil leave in conditioner and their Argan oil mask. I read some good things about the product on Black Hair Media (BHM) and if I like it I may buy a case of them.
I’m also doing the Coconut Oil mask I found on Naturallycurly’s site, which I LOVED! Check out my review of it in a bit!
DAILY: Wet daily with leave in (Lusti Olive oil sheen)
Rub small amount of castor/coconut oils on scalp and thru hair.
NIGHTLY: spritz with leave in rub castor oil on hairline. Cover with Satin bonnet.
Cowash 1-2x weekly with oiled/watered down Lusti Argan oil mask
Cold Black tea rinse to seal cuticles
LCO- leave in, coconut/castor mix, leave in Lusti argan cream, seal ends with oil
Prepoo oil, conditioner and detangle in sections.
ACV wash or clarify shampoo
DC with coconut oil mask
Do LCO method: apply Lusti oil sheen mix then castor and coconut oil to hair then mix Evoo oil w Schwartzkopf cond. And or Lusti leave in apply to sections, twist.
Then have hair re-box braided or chunky twisted.
I will be wearing a wig in public so no styling as of right now. I dont go very many places so why bother?
I WANT YOU!
Natural hair ladies, gentlemen, boys and girls. Transgendered, alive or dead.
I’m working on a massive installation focusing on natural hair, our community and specifically the social media aspect of it. I know you all have fly images of your hair or your children’s hair so send them to me to be included in this installation. Reblog this and spread the word!
What to know:
This installation will consist of thousands of images of African American (or black) men, women, boys, girls and everyone who wears their hair naturally. I am NOT looking for chemically altered hair, hair that has been dyed, texturized or heat damaged. I just want you, proud and showing the hair the grows from your scalp. The images need to be digital as they will be converted to black and white for the installation. You will be amongst thousands in a work of art to be unveiled in an upcoming solo show.
How to submit:
On my page: http://aprilbey.tumblr.com
1. Click the “Submit” button
2. Upload as many images as you can
3. Agree to terms and conditions
3. Hit submit
I look forward to your images. Thanks for the help/support in this.
Will be sending mine nappy roots in.
How I smooth my edges using a method adapted from Curlynikki.
1. Spritz hair line with water/leave in conditioner. If you have alot of time, saturate it, otherwise just dampen.
2. Mix olive and castor oil in your hand, maybe a dime sized amount of each. Rub on hairline.
3. If I want my edges to be precise I also use an old tooth brush to smooth but you can just use your fingertips.
4. Then wrap your satin headscarf to hold smooth down your edges. I usually pull mine back to expose a bit of my hair line and this gives a smoother hold, but if you are going to bed, I wouldn just make sure the hairline is completely covered.
6. Remove scarf when your hair is dry. Voila! Perfectly smooth edges, much healthier than gel!